Aries Fight Champion uses the Global MMA Rule Set which blends a combination of Best Practices from Asian and Non-Asian Rules.
Each bout will be 3 rounds x 3 minutes per round with a 1 minute break in between rounds.
Championship bouts will be 3 rounds x 5 minutes per round with a 1 minute break in between rounds.
A victory is attained by one of the following ways:
In the event that a bout goes the distance, it will go to a judges’ decision.The 3 judges will score the bout in its entirety, not round-by-round. Judges will utilize the judging criteria in descending order of importance to determine the winner of the bout.
1) Striking including kicks, knees, punches, forearm and elbow strikes to the head, body and legs are allowed. With exception to illegal targets including
- Back of head, neck or spine
- Small joint manipulation
2) Clinching and standing submissions
- All takedowns are legal but must not result in spiking or pile driver to the head or neck
A fighter is considered grounded when they have any part of their body other than the soles of their feet touching the ground
- Stomps to the head
- Head Butting
- Hair Pulling
- Eye Gouging
- Orifice Insertion
- Grabbing onto the cage fence
GENERAL REGULATIONS & POLICIES
RELATED TO ATHLETES’ WEIGHT
1. Athletes must submit their current walking weight and daily training weight regularly. Athletes will input and track their daily weight online via a dedicated web portal. Athletes may input data weekly but must include daily weights.
2. Athletes will be assigned to their weight class based on collated data and random weight checks. Athletes are not allowed to drop a weight class when less than 8 weeks out from an event.
3. During fight week, weights are checked daily. Urine specific gravity will also be checked the day after arrival and 3 hours prior to the event. Athletes must be within their weight class and pass specific gravity hydration tests all week and up to 3 hours before the event. If an athlete falls outside the weight, or fails a test, they are disqualified from the event. Doctors may request additional testing at their discretion.